COVID-19 - 2021 Season Planning & Preparation Update
Work is underway to prepare our COVID Return to the Green Guidance for the 2021 season (including competitions and events, bowling activity and facilities) and this will be made available to clubs in plenty of time to prepare for the 2021 season.
A reminder that our current COVID Off Season Guidance, support and resources are available here: https://www.bowlsscotland.com/clubs/club-support-covid-19
As part of our work in this area, we recently communicated with our clubs on our plans and preparation for the 2021 season. More information has now been sent to clubs outlining the following:
COVID 2020 Online Review Sessions:-
- To help us gain feedback from clubs on the 2020 return to the green guidance, support and resources, we will host three sessions in February via Zoom. If your club would like to participate in these sessions, please just click on the link provided in the email we sent and sign up via our online club and membership system.
- We are also keen to hear from clubs who did not open in 2020, either through attending a session or providing feedback via your National Development Officer.
COVID Training & Education:-
- COVID Officer e-learning is available to all clubs, it takes 10 minutes to complete and is free. This training has been developed by sportscotland and so far, 100 club volunteers have completed this e-learning module. We would encourage everyone who is responsible for COVID within the club to complete the training.
- Click the link to access the training: https://rise.articulate.com/share/gnk3qPoxD30r_1rmijUPJipuOksCwGs9#/
- COVID Awareness e-learning is available to support players (13+), participant and parents/carers during COVID. The module raises awareness and highlights the responsibility we all have in keeping each other safe within sport during COVID.
- Click the link to access the training: https://sportscotland.info/covidawareness/#/
Getting Back on the Green 2021 Webinars:-
- Getting Coaches Ready for Sport – Hosted by Bowls Scotland and sportscotland
- Monday 1st March 6-7pm
- Thursday 11th March 7-8pm
- Getting Facilities Ready for Sport – Hosted by Bowls Scotland and sportscotland
- Thursday 4th March 6-7pm
- Monday 8th March 7-8pm
If your volunteers and coaches would like to attend the above sessions, please click on the link provided in the email we sent and sign up via our online club and membership system.
Please get in touch with your National Development Officer if you require any additional information:
(Photo Credit: Lorna Goldsmith Photography)