Youth Internationals - Day 2 Session One
Scotland concluded the 2022 Youth International test series in style, claiming five wins from their six 3-bowl pairs matches to be crowned champions.
Megan Sproat and Jamie Noon ensured Scotland got the 2 points they required to win the title by defeating Shannon Davies and Cory Bancroft from Wales in a nail-biting encounter. Team captain Beth Isbister and Aaron Betts had a comfortable 23-9 victory, and more wins also followed for Lewis Milligan & Aaron Miller, Leah McCloy & Lennon Hamilton, and Logan Shields & Euan MacLean.
Congratulations to the full Scottish team and Team Managers, Kathleen Gordon and Andy Meekison, on deservedly winning the series. Aaron Betts, Lennon Hamilton and Lewis Milligan also impressively managed to win their five individual games across the two days of the event.
Session Five Scores:
- Beth Isbister & Aaron Betts (Scotland) 23 v Mia Patterson & Bradley Stirling (Ireland) 9
- Lewis Milligan & Aaron Miller (Scotland) 19 v Isobel Ruby Nolan & Amy Carruth (Ireland) 9
- Leah McCloy & Lennon Hamilton (Scotland) 17 v Zoe Stratton & Daniel Spratt (Ireland) 13
- Logan Shields & Euan MacLean (Scotland) 16 v Ellie Lawrence & Billy Flynn (Wales) 15
- Megan Sproat & Jamie Noon (Scotland) 15 v Shannon Davies & Cory Bancroft (Wales) 13
- Logan Kennedy & Amy Borthwick (Scotland) 19 v Katie Dickinson & Oliver Witchell (Wales) 20
Wales v Ireland:
- Alex Morgan & Sonny Lewis (Wales) 15 v Alex Jones & Lara Reaney (Ireland) 17
- Emily Lawrence & Jack Mounty (Wales) 17 v Ajay Dodds & Sophie McIntyre (Ireland) 14
- Lauren Viles & Cory Davies (Wales) 14 v Jack Kidd & Jayden Kyle (Ireland) 25
OVERALL STANDINGS (After Session Five):
- 1st – Scotland: 38 points +109
- 2nd – Wales: 20 points -19
- 3rd – Ireland: 20 points -90