2023 Hong Kong Classic - Day Six Round Up
Scotland produced another successful day at the Hong Kong Classic, with our Men’s and Women’s pairs securing four wins and a draw from today’s six fixtures.
Dee Hoggan and Rachel Sinclair recorded two victories and a defeat in their three matches on Friday which has guaranteed their qualification for the knockout stages with one game to spare. The Scots currently sit in first place in Section B which would see them automatically advance through to the semi-finals. If they were to slip down to second position, Dee and Rachel would then compete in a play-off match to get through to the semi-finals. To remain in first place the Scottish duo will be looking to defeat ZGMBC 6-0 in their final group contest tomorrow.
In the Men’s Pairs, Paul Kane Jnr and Gary Prunty had an undefeated day as they picked up two wins and a draw against GLBC, HKFC and KCC respectively. The pairing from Airdrie Central Bowling Club require a win over KBGC in their final match tomorrow to qualify for the knockout stages as they are currently sat in third place in Section B.
The final group games, play-off and semi-final rounds will be contested tomorrow in both the Men’s and Women’s Pairs. Best of luck to all four players and we will provide a further update tomorrow (Saturday 18th November).
Keep up to date with all the results and standings from the 2023 Hong Kong Classic here: https://www.hklba.org/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2571&Itemid=251&lang=en&fbclid=IwAR0H0L8Fw_APJo4WBo3lUhF2TX4q_RiVUrw-CU8tyO67E13yD_vXakEtRgw
A full breakdown of Scotland’s scores from day six can be found below:
- Group Match 8/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty beat GLBC 6-0 (13-6 & 10-5)
- Group Match 8/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair beat CCC 4-2 (13-4 & 6-8)
- Group Match 9/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty drew with HKFC 3-3 (12-7 & 5-10)
- Group Match 9/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair lost to Hong Kong 2-4 (8-5 & 4-9)
- Group Match 10/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty beat KCC 4-2 (16-6 & 6-8)
- Group Match 10/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair beat YDT 5-1 (12-9 & 10-10)