Home Nations Results - Day 3 Session 1
HOME NATIONS - DAY THREE SESSION ONE
Day Three is underway at the closed event Home Nations at the National Centre for Bowling, Ayr.
Caroline Brown played in the Singles for Scotland Culzean against Laura Daniels of Wales with scores going back and forth between the two. Brown held a 5:1 lead after 5 ends but Daniels lead 14:10 by the 16th end. Caroline had a strong finish and won the match 21:15. Dee Hoggan was also playing Singles this session and had a tough match for Scotland Alloway against Ireland’s Shauna O’Neill who lead throughout.
In the Women’s Fours both Scottish sides came away with wins. For Scotland Culzean the team of Lesley Doig, Natalie McWilliams, Lauren Baillie-Whyte and Stacey McDougall started strong with Wales trailing 14:4 after nine ends. Despite their Welsh opponents winning shots on the last 6 ends, the Scottish lead was enough to secure a 14:10 victory. For Alloway, Hannah Smith, Claire Anderson, Carla Banks and Megan Grantham lead throughout against their Irish opponents, winning 13:10.
In the Men’s Triples Darren Burnett skipped Stewart Anderson and Derek Oliver to a 15:11 win over England for Scotland Alloway. For the Culzean side, Ronnie Duncan, Darren Weir and Iain McLean faced Ireland, the Scots started with a 11:4 lead by the sixth end but the Irish team of Stuart Bennett, Andy Kyle and Ian McClure managed to come back into the match. Despite winning the last two ends Scotland lost narrowly with the final score of 18:17 to Ireland.
Martyn Rice and Paul Foster MBE were paired for Scotland Culzean Men against Stephen Kirkwood and Mark Wilson of Ireland, Martyn and Paul had a flying start leading 10:1 after five ends. They went on to win by a decisive 21:7. For Scotland Alloway Jason Banks and John Fleming were paired against England’s Jamie Walker and Sam Tolchard. The English pair had a strong start with an 11:2 lead after 6 ends, despite Banks and Fleming’s efforts they trailed throughout and lost the match by two shots.
The scores from today’s first session can be found below:
DAY THREE, SESSION ONE RESULTS:
• Women’s Fours (Scotland Alloway) Claire Anderson, Carla Banks, Megan Grantham & Claire Johnston 13 v (Ireland) Erin Smith, Lara Reaney, Courtney Meneely & Chloe Wilson 10
• Women’s Singles (Scotland Alloway) Dee Hoggan 14 v (Ireland) Shauna O’Neill 21
• Men’s Triples (Scotland Culzean) Ronnie Duncan, Darren Weir & Iain McLean 17 v (Ireland B ) Stuart Bennett, Andy Kyle & Ian McClure 18
• Men’s Pairs (Scotland Culzean) Martyn Rice & Paul Foster MBE 21 v (Ireland B ) Stephen Kirkwood & Mark Wilson 7
• Men’s Triples (Ireland A) Sam Barkley, Simon Martin & Martin McHugh 17 v (Wales) Dan Salmon, Kevin James & Chris Klefenz 14
• Men’s Pairs (Ireland A) Adam McKeown & Alan Paul 19 v (Wales) Owain Dando & Jon Tomlinson 21
• Women’s Fours (Scotland Culzean) Lesley Doig, Natalie McWilliams, Lauren Baillie-Whyte & Stacey McDougall 14 v (Wales) Alis Butten, Caroline Taylor, Ysie White & Anwen Butten 10
• Women’s Singles (Scotland Culzean) Caroline Brown 21 v (Wales) Laura Daniels 15
• Men’s Pairs (Scotland Alloway) Jason Banks & John Fleming 14 v (England) Jamie Walker and Sam Tolchard 16
• Men’s Triples (Scotland Alloway) Stewart Anderson, Derek Oliver & Darren Burnett 15 v (England) Ed Morris, Louis Ridout & Jamie Chestney 11