Para Home Nations: Day 1 Session Two Results
Scotland kept up their good form in today’s second session by securing another three out of five wins.
In the physically disabled pairs, Pauline Wilson clinched her second victory of the day with a 12-5 win over England alongside Mary Wilson. There was late drama in Garry Brown and Kevin Wallace’s encounter with England as the Scottish duo found themselves with a match lie against. With the last bowl of the game, Kevin played a superb running shot to crunch the jack to three of Scotland’s bowls and take the win. Garry Hood and John Wardrope struggled to find form against the strong English pairing of Craig Bowler and Mike Robertson, eventually suffering a 5-26 defeat.
The visually impaired pairs saw two one-sided affairs with the Scots winning one and losing one of the games. Melanie Innes and John Fox raced into an 11-4 lead after 7 ends and finished up with a 22-10 win over England. Mary Stevenson and Robert Barr lost out 6-23 to the inform Welsh duo of Julie Thomas and Gordon Llewellyn.
SESSION TWO SCORES:
- Physically Disabled Pairs - Mary Wilson & Pauline Wilson 12 v Michelle White & Gill Platt 5 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs - Garry Brown & Kevin Wallace 14 v Steve Ireland & Kieran Rollings 12 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs - Garry Hood & John Wardrope 5 v Craig Bowler & Mike Robertson 26 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs - Melanie Inness & John Fox 22 v Alison Yearling & Chris Turnbull 10 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs - Mary Stevenson & Robert Barr 6 v Julie Thomas & Gordon Llewellyn 23 (Wales)