COVID-19 Update - 21st October
Following today’s Scottish Government announcement, Bowls Scotland can confirm the current COVID-19 restrictions that apply to our clubs and members will remain in place until 6am on Monday 2nd November.
Please find below a reminder of the restrictions to be followed:
Central Scotland (Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, Lothian and Ayrshire and Arran Health Board Areas):
- All licensed premises, including bowling clubs with a bar, across central Scotland are to close. The only Clubhouse facilities still accessible are toilets and locker rooms
- All indoor club activities such as carpet bowls, pool and bingo are not permitted
Other parts of Scotland:
- All licensed premises, including bowling clubs with a bar, will be able to open indoors until 18:00 but only to serve food and non-alcoholic drinks. Face coverings are still required when entering, leaving or moving round the facility
- Clubs will be able to serve alcohol in an outdoor setting such as beer gardens until 22:00
- Clubs must adhere to all hospitality guidance including household rules, mandatory table service, physical distancing and good hygiene measures
Bowls Scotland are continuing to encourage our members to download the Scottish Government’s Test & Protect App to help keep your friends, family and fellow bowlers safe. Visit: https://protect.scot/
We will continue to update all our clubs and members on the current restrictions once they have been reviewed by the Scottish Government. Please continue to stay safe and remember FACTS.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact your relevant National Development Officer: