2023 Hong Kong Classic - Day Four Round Up
Scotland continued their impressive start in both the Men’s and Women’s Pairs events on day four of the 2023 Hong Kong Classic, with both pairings clinching two wins from today’s three encounters.
Paul Kane Jnr and Gary Prunty suffered an early blow as they lost out 1-5 to the host nation in their opening match on Tuesday. The Airdrie Central Bowling Club duo weren’t to be disheartened by this defeat and bounced back well to record a tight 4-2 victory against India. In their final contest of the day, the Scots delivered a commanding 6-0 win over Wales which sees them sit in second place in Section B’s standings.
In the Women’s Pairs, Dee Hoggan and Rachel Sinclair have climbed from fifth place to fourth position in Section B following their two triumphs in today’s three fixtures. The Scottish pairing clinched vital wins against Thailand and South Africa but unfortunately lost out to Ireland’s Megan Devlin and Lara Reaney in their final game this evening.
With only five group matches complete out of the 11 games that both Scottish teams will contest, there is plenty still to play for with both pairings currently sitting well in their respective sections. Tomorrow is a day of rest for all the competing nations before the action re-commences on Thursday 16th November.
Keep up to date with all the results and standings from the 2023 Hong Kong Classic here: https://www.hklba.org/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2571&Itemid=251&lang=en&fbclid=IwAR0H0L8Fw_APJo4WBo3lUhF2TX4q_RiVUrw-CU8tyO67E13yD_vXakEtRgw
A full breakdown of Scotland’s scores from day four can be found below:
- Group Match 3/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty lost to Hong Kong 1-5 (9-13 & 6-6)
- Group Match 3/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair beat Thailand 6-0 (9-8 & 8-6)
- Group Match 4/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty beat India 4-2 (5-10 & 10-4)
- Group Match 4/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair beat South Africa 4-2 (7-8 & 12-6)
- Group Match 5/11: Men’s Pairs – Paul Kane Jnr & Gary Prunty beat Wales 6-0 (12-3 & 9-6)
- Group Match 5/11: Women’s Pairs – Dee Hoggan & Rachel Sinclair lost to Ireland 2-4 (2-12 & 12-8)