Para Home Nations: Day 1 Session One Results
Scotland got off to a winning start in the Home Nations test series at the National Centre for Bowling, Ayr.
The Scots managed to win three out of their respective five pairs matches in the physically disabled and visually impaired disciplines. In the physically disabled pairs, Rosemary Lenton and Pauline Wilson were always in front and finished up with a 15-11 win over England. Garry Brown and Garry Hood held a 10-4 lead after 10 ends but were unfortunate to lose the remaining five ends to suffer a 10-14 defeat to Wales. The pairing of John Wardrobe and Kevin Wallace battled hard and found themselves all square at 8-8 after 11 ends but they also lost the last four ends to finish with an 8-15 defeat against England.
In the visually impaired pairs Scotland managed to win two closely contested matches. Mary Stevenson and Robert Barr were peels at 11-11 after 11 ends but managed to get the better of their English opponents in the final ends of the game to secure a 14-12 victory. Melanie Inness and John Fox rounded off the first session with a well-earned 11-7 victory against Wales.
The physically disabled players have another two sessions of play to complete on day one, whilst the visually impaired players will contest one more session to round up their day. Reports and scores from these games will be provided later today.
SESSION ONE SCORES:
- Physically Disabled Pairs - Rosemary Lenton & Pauline Wilson 15 v Michelle White & Gill Platt 11 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs - John Wardrope & Kevin Wallace 8 v Craig Bowler & Mike Robertson 15 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs - Garry Brown & Garry Hood 10 v Chris Briggs & Dylan Williams 14 (Wales)
- Visually Impaired Pairs - Mary Stevenson & Robert Barr 14 v Alison Yearling & Chris Turnbull 12 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs - Melannie Innes & John Fox 11 v Julie Thomas & Gordon Llewell 7 (Wales)