Youth Internationals - Day 1 Session Four
Scotland rounded off day one of the Youth International test series with their best session of the day, winning five of their respective six 4-bowl pairs matches.
Leah McCloy and Aaron Betts led the way with a convincing 29-13 win over Amy Carruth and Daniel Spratt from Ireland. Another four wins followed from the pairings of Lennon Hamilton & Euan MacLean, Megan Sproat & Logan Kennedy, Lewis Milligan & Logan Shields, and Amy Borthwick & Beth Isbister.
The Scots are now 12 points clear of both Wales and Ireland in the overall standings going into tomorrow mornings final session. Scotland only need one point from their remaining six matches of 3-bowl pairs at 10am to be crowned series winner. A final report will be provided tomorrow lunchtime.
Session Four Scores:
- Aaron Miller & Jamie Noon (Scotland) 12 v Shannon Davies & Oliver Witchell (Wales) 14
- Lennon Hamilton & Euan MacLean (Scotland) 16 v Emily Lawrence & Jack Mounty (Wales) 8
- Megan Sproat & Logan Kennedy (Scotland) 20 v Ellie Lawrence & Cory Davies (Wales) 6
- Lewis Milligan & Logan Shields (Scotland) 14 v Isobel Ruby Nolan & Bradley Stirling (Ireland) 11
- Amy Borthwick & Beth Isbister (Scotland) 18 v Zoe Stratton & Jack Kidd (Ireland) 12
- Leah McCloy & Aaron Betts (Scotland) 29 v Amy Carruth & Daniel Spratt (Ireland) 13
Wales v Ireland:
- Katie Dickinson & Billy Flynn (Wales) 8 v Alex Jones & Lara Reaney (Ireland) 20
- Alex Morgan & Cory Bancroft (Wales) 11 v Mia Patterson & Jayden Kyle (Ireland) 12
- Sonny Lewis & Lauren Viles (Wales) 13 v Ajay Dodds & Sophie McIntyre (Ireland) 15
OVERALL STANDINGS (After Session Four):
- 1st – Scotland: 28 points +79
- 2nd – Wales: 16 points -7
- 3rd – Ireland: 16 points -72