Youth Internationals - Day 1 Session One
The inaugural Youth International test series got underway at a very wet National Centre for Bowling, Ayr this morning.
Despite the testing conditions, Scotland got off to a strong start winning three of their four respective matches against Ireland and Wales. The first session of games contested were 2-bowl triples and Scotland’s biggest win came for the team of Leah McCloy, Lennon Hamilton and Euan McLean who had a convincing 27-10 victory over Ireland.
Scotland currently sit in first place in the overall standings as the only nation with 6 points after the first round of fixtures. Another three sessions will be contested today and one final session on Wednesday morning. Score updates will continue to be provided throughout the event.
Session One Scores:
- Amy Borthwick, Lewis Milligan & Jamie Noon (Scotland) 21 v Shannon Davies, Corey Bancroft & Billy Flynn (Wales) 18
- Beth Isbister, Logan Shields & Aaron Miller (Scotland) 14 v Ellie Lawrence, Jack Mounty & Cory Davies (Wales) 20
- Leah McCloy, Lennon Hamilton & Euan MacLean (Scotland) 27 v Zoe Stratton, Jack Kidd & Jayden Kyle (Ireland) 10
- Logan Kennedy, Megan Sproat & Aaron Betts (Scotland) 20 v Mia Patterson, Alex Jones & Lara Reaney (Ireland) 11
Wales v Ireland:
- Katie Dickinson, Emily Lawrence & Oliver Witchell (Wales) 17 v Ajay Dodds, Amy Carruth & Sophie McIntyre (Ireland) 8
- Lauren Viles, Alex Morgan & Sonny Lewis (Wales) 12 v Isobel Ruby Nolan, Daniel Spratt & Brad Stirling (Ireland) 15
OVERALL STANDINGS (After Session One):
- 1st – Scotland: 6 points +23
- 2nd – Wales: 4 points +9
- 3rd – Ireland: 2 points -32