Para Home Nations: Day 2 Session One Results
Scotland began day two of the Para Home Nations with two wins from five matches against England and Wales.
Garry Brown and Kevin Wallace held a 6-2 lead after five ends against their Welsh opponents but then found themselves 6-8 behind after 10 ends. The big turning point of the match came on the 11th end with Kevin trailing the jack for three shots and the Scottish duo managed to see the game out with a 14-9 victory.
In the other physically disabled pairs matches, Scotland suffered two defeats against England. John Wardrope and Garry Hood put in a spirited display but were ultimately beaten 5-19 by Craig Bowler and Kieran Rollings. Mary Wilson and Pauline Wilson held a 3-1 lead after three ends but struggled to get a foot hold in the game, eventually losing 3-20 to Michelle White and Gill Platt.
The points were shared in the visually impaired pairs as Scotland claimed one victory and one defeat over the first session. Mary Stevenson and John Fox led from the start and ran out with a comfortable 13-7 win against England. Melanie Inness and Robert Barr were involved in a tight contest with the Welsh pairing of Julie Thomas and Gordon Llewellyn. The Scots managed to hold a 9-4 advantage after 9 ends and were still 13-9 ahead with 12 ends played. However, they dropped back-to-back counts of 4 and unfortunately lost 14-17.
Another two sessions of play will be completed today, reports and scores from these games will be published later in the day.
SESSION ONE SCORES:
- Physically Disabled Pairs – Garry Brown & Kevin Wallace 14 v Paul Brown & Dylan Williams 9 (Wales)
- Physically Disabled Pairs – John Wardrope & Garry Hood 5 v Craig Bowler & Kieran Rollings 19 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs – Mary Wilson & Pauline Wilson 3 v Michelle White and Gill Platt 20 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs – Mary Stevenson & John Fox 13 v Alison Yearling & Chris Turnbull 7 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs – Melanie Inness & Robert Barr 14 v Julie Thomas & Gordon Llewellyn 17 (Wales)