Home Nations: Day 1 Results 09.09.2021
HOME NATIONS - DAY 1 SESSION ONE
This weekend sees 10 sessions of play being contested between Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales at the National Centre for Bowling, Ayr. To gain ratification for these Home Nations events to go ahead, the Scottish Government’s Resumption of Performance Sport guidelines unfortunately stipulate that no spectators can attend as all competing countries will be following strict COVID-19 protocols.
Our male and female performance players will be competing in this test event ahead of the selection process for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. Scotland have entered two teams into both men’s and ladies’ events, which have been separated as Scotland Alloway and Scotland Culzean.
As there are six teams in the men’s event, Scotland are required to play against each other at singles, pairs, triples, and fours across today’s first two sessions. There are five teams in the women’s event so Scotland Culzean will have no game for today’s first two sessions whilst Scotland Alloway take on Wales.
SESSION ONE RESULTS:
• Men’s Pairs – Stewart Anderson & Paul Foster MBE 16 v Jason Banks & John Fleming Jnr 13
• Men’s Triples – Martyn Rice, Darren Weir & Darren Burnett 11 v Ronnie Duncan, Derek Oliver & Iain McLean 16
• Women’s Singles – Dee Hoggan 21 v Laura Daniels 9
• Women’s Fours – Hannah Smith, Natalie McWilliams, Lauren Baillie-Whyte & Claire Johnston 17 v Alis Butten, Katie Thomas, Mel Thomas & Anwen Butten 15
SESSION TWO RESULTS:
• Men’s Singles – Darren Burnett 18 v Iain McLean 21
• Men’s Fours – Stewart Anderson, Martyn Rice, Darren Weir & Paul Foster MBE 14 v Ronnie Duncan, Derek Oliver, John Fleming Jnr & Jason Banks 16
• Women’s Pairs – Hannah Smith & Claire Johnston 20 v Sara Nicholls & Caroline Taylor 11
• Women’s Triples – Dee Hoggan, Natalie McWilliams & Lauren Baillie-Whyte 17 v Laura Daniels, Ysie White & Anwen Butten 18
SESSION THREE RESULTS:
• Men’s Pairs (Scotland Alloway) – Jason Banks & John Fleming Jnr 18 v Alan Paul & Jack Moffat 11
• Men’s Triples (Scotland Alloway) – Ronnie Duncan, Derek Oliver & Iain McLean 14 v Adam McKeown, Simon Martin & Martin McHugh 10
• Men’s Pairs (Scotland Culzean) – Stewart Anderson & Paul Foster MBE 14 v Nick Bret & Sam Tolchard 28
• Men’s Triples (Scotland Culzean) – Martyn Rice, Darren Weir & Darren Burnett 14 Louis Ridout, Ed Morris & Jamie Chestney 19
• Women’s Singles (Scotland Alloway) – Dee Hoggan 9 v Amy Gowshall 21
• Women’s Fours (Scotland Alloway) – Hannah Smith, Carla Banks, Megan Grantham & Claire Johnston 11 v Jamie Lea Winch, Lorraine Kuhler, Natalie Chestney & Sian Honnor 15
• Women’s Singles (Scotland Culzean) – Natalie McWilliams 2 v Shauna O’Neill 21
• Women’s Fours (Scotland Culzean) – Lesely Doig, Claire Anderson, Stacey McDougall & Lauren Baillie-Whyte 17 v Courtney Meneely, Catherine Beattie, Lara Reaney & Chloe Wilson 10