Birmingham 2022 - Day 5 Preview
Team Scotland have a guaranteed lawn bowls medal on day five of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Garry Brown and Kevin Wallace will be going for gold against Australia at 4.15pm in the Men’s Para Pairs B6-B8. The match is due to be shown on BBC Sport/BBC iPlayer so keep your eyes peeled for the Scottish duo later today.
Before that, Paul Foster MBE and Alex Marshall MBE will look to add a bronze medal to their collection as they face Northern Ireland’s Sam Barkley and Martin McHugh at 8.30am.
The second half of the event also gets underway today with the first group games in the Women’s Pairs, Women’s Triples, Men’s Singles and Men’s Fours taking place. Melanie Inness and Robert Barr also have another important group phase match versus England in the Para Mixed Pairs B2/B3.
Scotland’s full day five schedule can be found below. Match results will follow throughout the day!
Session 1 – 8.30am:
- Bronze Medal Match – Men’s Pairs (Paul Foster MBE and Alex Marshall MBE) v Northern Ireland
- Group Match 1 – Women’s Pairs (Hannah Smith and Claire Johnston) v Fiji
- Group Match 1 – Women’s Triples (Dee Hoggan, Lauren Baillie-Whyte and Caroline Brown) v Botswana
Session 2 – 11.45am:
- Group Match 1 - Men’s Singles (Iain McLean) v Falkland Islands
- Group Match 4 - Para Mixed Pairs B2/B3 (Melanie Inness with Director George Miller and Robert Barr with Director Sarah Jane Ewing) v England
Session 3 – 4.15pm:
- Gold Medal Match – Para Men’s Pairs B6-B8 (Garry Brown and Kevin Wallace) v Australia
- Group Match 1 - Men’s Fours (Stewart Anderson, Darren Burnett, Paul Foster MBE and Alex Marshall MBE) v Malta
- Group Match 2 – Women’s Triples (Dee Hoggan, Lauren Baillie-Whyte and Caroline Brown) v Cook Islands