What is Try Bowls?
Try Bowls is Bowls Scotland’s national campaign aimed at getting new people into bowls and increasing membership in clubs.
How can Try Bowls help your club?
Try Bowls helps clubs to create stronger links with your local community and increase membership.
Try Bowls works!
1 in 4 people who attended a Try Bowls event (2019) supported by Bowls Scotland went on to join a club.
What support does Bowls Scotland provide?
Bowls Scotland will provide the following to clubs who register:
- An electronic resource pack – with editable poster templates, access to video guides and ideas to deliver a successful Try Bowls event.
- A support call or visit from our development team – the opportunity to discuss your event and how we can help you further.
What does it cost to run a Try Bowls event?
Registration is FREE and all resources and support are made available to those who sign up FREE of charge.
Ways to Register your club:
1) For clubs who are confident using Bowls Scotland’s Online Club and Membership System can register your Try Bowls event(s) here.
2) For clubs who want to learn how to use the Bowls Scotland Online and Club Membership System, we have prepared a walk through booking guide on how to book:
Click here for a help guide document on Try Bowls Registration.
3) You can download an editable PDF application form here, complete this and return to email@example.com
Upon registering you will receive an electronic resource pack and you can get the bowl rolling!
Rosslyn BC and Kilwinning BC explain how they held their Try Bowls events in 2018 and how it boosted membership: