Home Nations Invitational - Day 3 Results
Scotland rounded off proceedings with another strong showing on the final day of the Home Nations Invitational at Leamington Spa
Scotland A managed three victories from their eight matches today against strong English opposition. This saw our European Championships team finish the weekend with a total of 17 wins from their 32 individual matches.
Scotland B again put in impressive displays to return five wins and a draw from their eight games today. Our para players were hugely successful over the weekend and secured 19 wins and a draw from their 32 contests.
Mark O’Hagan completed a strong weekends results for Scotland A by winning both of his men’s singles and men’s triples games today. For Scotland B, Robert Barr, Garry Hood, Glen Livingston and Daniel Porter managed to win their two respective matches on the final day. Rosemary Lenton and Pauline Wilson were also undefeated thanks to a draw and victory from their two rubbers.
Congratulations to every Scotland player and coach for their tremendous performances and results throughout the event. We would like to thank Bowls England and Bowls Jersey for a great three-day competition and look forward to seeing both nations at next month’s Commonwealth Games.
A full breakdown of results from day three can be found below.
Scotland A v England White:
- Women’s Pairs – Emma McIntyre & Rachel Sinclair 15 v Izzie White & Wendy King 21
- Women’s Triples – Kimberley Dodds, Dawn Anderson & Megan Grantham 17 v Rebecca Willgress, Morgan Merryweather & Lorraine Kuhler 20
- Men’s Singles – Mark O’Hagan 21 v Lee Haywood 13
- Men’s Fours – Blair Davidson, Connor Milne, Jason Banks & John Fleming 10 v Steve Mitchinson, Taylor Monk, Chris Yeomans & Wayne Willgress 13
Scotland B v England D:
- Women’s Pairs – Rosemary Lenton & Pauline Wilson 12 v Julie Deferville & Anthony Page 12
- Women’s Fours – Melanie Inness, Mary Wilson, Sarah Jane Ewing & Lynn Lees 12 v Gill Allibone, Janet Attardo, Tim Swann & Mark Wherry 15
- Men’s Singles – Robert Barr 21 v Colin Wagstaff 8
- Men’s Triples – Garry Hood, Daniel Porter & Glen Livingston 26 v Denise Roland, Tony Allibone & Jack Pullin 5
Scotland A v England B:
- Women’s Singles – Emma McIntyre 21 v Stef Branfield 11
- Women’s Fours – Kimberley Dodds, Dawn Anderson, Megan Grantham & Rachel Sinclair 5 v Nicole Rogers, Jasmine Wilson, Amy Walters & Debbie Steward 17
- Men’s Pairs – Jason Banks & John Fleming 14 v Harry Goodwin & Perry Martin 15
- Men’s Triples – Blair Davidson, Mark O’Hagan & Connor Milne 23 v Olly Lucas, Roger Kendrick & Scott Walton 13
Scotland B v England D:
- Mixed Singles – Lynn Lees 12 v Anthony Page 21
- Mixed Pairs – Melanie Inness & Robert Barr 22 v Janet Attardo & Colin Wagstaff 5
- Mixed Triples – Robert Christie, Mary Wilson & Pauline Wilson 21 v Gill Allibone, Tim Swann & Mark Wherry 14
- Mixed Fours – Garry Hood, Rosemary Lenton, Daniel Porter & Glen Livingston 28 v Julie Deferville, Denise Roland, Tony Allibone & Jack Pullin 7