Home Nations Results - Day 2 Session 1
HOME NATIONS - DAY TWO SESSION ONE
Results are in from session 4 of 10 from the closed-event Home Nations taking place this weekend between Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales at the National Centre for Bowling, Ayr.
The women’s triples team of Lesley Doig, Stacey McDougall and Lauren Baillie-Whyte for Scotland Culzean, lead from the fourth end winning with a strong 7 shot lead against Ireland. Unfortunately the Alloway triples didn’t have the same luck, losing 10:6 to a strong English side.
In the men’s fours, Scotland Alloway made a strong start leading 9:3 after six ends, the match came to a close finish with Scotland securing the win against Ireland. Despite setting off to a strong start and leading 11:7 at the tenth end, the Men’s Fours for Scotland Culzean couldn’t match a strong comeback from their English opponents.
In the women’s pairs Claire Anderson and Caroline Brown were neck and neck with their Irish counterparts throughout narrowly missing out on the win by 3 shots. The Alloway pair of Carla Banks and Megan Grantham were ahead throughout their match against England and secured a 14:11 win.
The men’s singles was again a mixed bag, with a victory for Iain McClean against Ireland’s Sam Barkley but a defeat for Darren Burnett against England’s Nick Brett.
Outside of Scotland’s fixtures, Wales and Ireland played in singles and fours, with the Welsh fours claiming a one shot victory with 3 shots in the last end.
The scores from today’s first session can be found below:
DAY TWO, SESSION ONE RESULTS:
• Women’s Pairs (Scotland Alloway) – Carla Banks & Megan Grantham 16 v (England) Jamie Lea Winch & Amy Gowshall 12
• Women’s Triples (Scotland Alloway) – Dee Hoggan, Hannah Smith, Claire Johnston 10 v (England) Sophie Tolchard, Natalie Chestney, Sian Honnor 16
• Men’s Singles (Scotland Alloway) – Iain McLean 21 v (Ireland) Sam Barkley 18
• Men’s Fours (Scotland Alloway) – Ronnie Duncan, Derek Oliver, John Fleming & Jason Banks 13 v (Ireland) Adam McKeown, Alan Paul, Jack Moffett & Simon Martin 12
• Women’s Pairs (Scotland Culzean) – Claire Anderson & Caroline Brown 14 v Erin Smith & Catherine Beattie 17
• Women’s Triples (Scotland Culzean) – Lesley Doig, Stacey McDougall & Lauren Baillie-Whyte 20 v (Ireland) Ashleigh Rainey, Lara Reaney, Chloe Wilson 13
• Men’s Singles (Scotland Culzean) – Darren Burnett 11 v (England) Nick Brett 18
• Men’s Fours (Scotland Culzean) – Martyn Rice, Stewart Anderson, Darren Weir & Paul Foster MBE 11 v (England) Louis Ridout, Ed Morris, Jamie Chestney & Sam Tolchard 18
• Men’s Fours – (ireland) Stuart Bennett, Andy Kyle, Ian McClure & Mark Wilson 12 v (Wales) Owain Dando, Jarrad Breen, Chris Klefenz & Jon Tomlinson 13
• Men’s Singles – (Ireland) Stephen Kirkwood 21 v (Wales) Dan Salmon 15