Para Home Nations: Day 2 Session Two Results
Today’s second session saw Scotland impressively win four of their five matches at the Para Home Nations.
Rosemary Lenton and Garry Brown scored a count of five shots on their second end to make a strong start to their match against Michelle White and Gill Platt from England. The Scottish duo maintained this form throughout the match and recorded a comfortable 15-8 win. John Wardrope and Kevin Wallace held a 9-6 advantage against England’s Craig Bowler and Kieran Rollings after 10 ends. They scored a crucial count of five shots on the 11th end and finished with a 16-8 victory.
Unfortunately, Mary Wilson and Pauline Wilson couldn’t make it three wins from three for Scotland in the physically disabled pairs. They made a slow start to their game and lost 5-23 at the hands of England’s Steve Ireland and Mike Robertson.
In the visually impaired pairs, the Scots managed to win both of their matches in two extremely tight encounters. Mary Stevenson and John Fox always held a narrow lead throughout their match and had a 14-11 advantage after 13 ends. A count of 4 for Scotland at the second last end secured the win as they finished with an 18-13 victory over Wales. Melanie Innes and Robert Barr contested a great game against England’s Alison Yearling and Chris Turnbull. They found themselves trailing 9-11 after 11 ends but managed to out score their opponents over the final four remaining ends to clinch a 16-15 win.
SESSION TWO SCORES:
- Physically Disabled Pairs – Rosemary Lenton & Garry Brown 15 v Michelle White & Gill Platt 8 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs – John Wardrope & Kevin Wallace 16 v Craig Bowler & Kieran Rollings 8 (England)
- Physically Disabled Pairs – Mary Wilson & Pauline Wilson 5 v Steve Ireland & Mike Robertson 23 (England)
- Visually Impaired Pairs – Mary Stevenson & John Fox 18 v Julie Thomas & Gordon Llewellyn 13 (Wales)
- Visually Impaired Pairs – Melanie Inness & Robert Barr 16 v Alison Yearling & Chris Turnbull 15 (England)