VACANCY: Non-Executive Commercial Director (voluntary)
Leading on from an exciting period for our sport following the successes of the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia, we are seeking to recruit an individual to link with commercial Scotland and create meaningful partnerships for Bowls Scotland at this very exciting time as we also launch our Try Bowls campaign and our new BowlsMark initiative.
We have 850 clubs and over 57,000 playing members within clubs nationwide and a proven track record of success.
Bowls Scotland is led by an Executive Board made up of volunteer directors and a team of 12 paid staff who deliver and implement the strategic plan.
We envisage that the Commercial Director will identify opportunities to open up new, and sustainable revenue streams and help the CEO to deliver. The Commercial Director will also have the usual governance responsibilities of a director.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the desire and drive to make a difference and presents great potential for the development of new/existing skills, meeting new people and new networks and making a genuine impact.
You will need to be able to make a commitment to Bowls Scotland and devote the necessary time. You should be able to think strategically, exercise independent judgement, and speak your mind.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at a senior level
- A good understanding of the role that sport plays in society
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- A background in commercial with experience at both operational and strategic levels
- An understanding and experience of commercial partnerships and rights packaging
- An ability to demonstrate a track record in identifying new revenue streams would be desirable
Six evening Board meetings per year, AGM full day, plus an anticipated 3 hours per month.
Board members do not receive any remuneration; Bowls Scotland operates a full and fair expenses policy.
To apply for this position, email your CV with attachment letter detailing your specific skills and experience and how you meet the role description outlined to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th April 2019.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 01292 294623.
Bowls Scotland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all. We aim to have a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
This vacancy is not open to anyone who has been disqualified from holding a Directorship in a Limited Company.