Torrance Purvis Trophy
TORRANCE PURVIS TROPHY
1. This competition is for all Ladies Bowling Associations who are members of Bowls Scotland. The entry fee is £25.00
2. The competition will be managed by Bowls Scotland who will divide the entrants into 4 geographical regions and carry out a draw of fixtures.
3. Matches will be played on a home and away basis. Association secretaries can arrange matches on any mutually agreed date. Ties may be played on any day of the week, including Saturday and must be played by the published play by date. Should for any reason an agreement is not reached the first match will be played on the 2nd Saturday of the month and the second match on the 4th Saturday of the month. Top name hosts the first match.
4. The host Association will be responsible for selecting the venue and for providing umpires.
5. Any meal or refreshment arrangements should be mutually agreed between competing Associations.
6. The 4 section winners will compete in the semi final stage with the 2 winners competing in the final. The losing semi finalists will play for 3rd and 4th place on the same date.
7. The time date and venue of the semi finals and final will be decided by Bowls Scotland.
8. The semi final and final for 2017 will be played on Saturday 2nd September at Northfield Ayr.
9. Team Selection - Please note that players in this competition should be your Association winners. i.e. Singles, Pairs, Triples and Fours. However if Association winners are unavailable, the team must be made up from the runners up, if further players are required the Associations may select any player who is a member of their Association. All players must be members of clubs which are members of Bowls Scotland.
i. Players may only represent 1 association in each year.
ii. Between rounds Associations may change player selection and change player position and discipline. They may also reintroduce any player(s) who have played in previous rounds.
iii. The rules regarding substitution during play are contained in the World Bowls Laws of the Sport of Bowls (Crystal Mark Third Edition) Section 32 and 33.
i. The matches will consist of the following ties;
ii. Singles playing to 21 shots.
iii. 4 bowl Pairs playing 17 ends.
iv. 3 bowl Triples playing 15 ends.
v. Fours playing 17 ends.
vi. 2 points will be awarded for a win and 1 for a draw. Should the points and shots be equal the winner of the singles tie will decide the match result.
vii. No more than 1 trial in each direction may be played.
11. Abandoned Games
If a game is abandoned due to the green being unplayable the following criteria must be met to constitute a completed game, if all the criteria are not met then the teams must return to the venue and complete the game at a mutually agreed later date.
I. Singles – the first player to reach 14 shots will be deemed the tie winner
II. Pairs & Fours – 9 ends must be completed, the team with the highest score at 9 ends will be deemed the tie winner.
III. Triples – 7 ends must be completed, the team with the highest score at 7 ends will be deemed the tie winner.
12. Dress code - The dress code in all stages of this competition will be;
i. All players in the same side must be dressed the same, but any combination of skirt or trousers is permitted and there is no restriction on waterproofs or headgear.
ii. There is no requirement to register colours
iii. All players and Umpires must wear flat soled heel-less footwear.
iv. No restriction on size of Sponsors logo.
v. Umpires shall wear grey or black trousers or skirt and Umpires top.
13. Stamping of Bowls - For this competition, bowls will only require to be re-tested and re-stamped if the date stamp or serial number is not clearly legible on all bowls (IBB, WBB and WB stamps only) .Bowls with ONLY the BIBC Stamp are ineligible.
Back to Rules