Empowering Women in Bowls
Empowering Women in Bowls features heavily in Bowls Scotland’s Strategy 2019-2023. Our ambition is to increase the number of females playing the game, as well as taking on coaching, volunteering and leadership positions at a local, district and national level.
In line with Bowls Scotland’s culture and values of Collaboration, Inclusivity, Integrity and Clarity, our Empowering Women in Bowls working group will develop and oversee an Action Plan, which aims to:
- Address the decline in female participation in Bowls
- Increase the number of women and girls playing, coaching, and volunteering within bowls.
- Introduce a new competition structure to increase the opportunities available to females
- Identify players that would benefit from a women's specific programme that will greatly improve standards and the ability to succeed at European and World level.
- Increase promotion and marketing of women in bowls
- Create and develop environments whereby females are supported to progress into leadership positions within Bowls
Along with our Empowering Women in Bowls working group, we are committed to ensuring we achieve our vision of bowls being a modern, accessible sport for all.
You can view our video series from International Women's Day 2022 in which the EWiB working group introduce themselves on YouTube: