Torrance Purvis Trophy Rules 2013
TORRANCE PURVIS TROPHY RULES 2013
- This competition is for all Ladies Bowling Associations who are members of Bowls Scotland. The entry fee is £10.00.
- The competition will be managed by Bowls Scotland who will divide the entrants into four (4) geographical regions and carry out a draw of fixtures.
- Matches will be played on a home and away basis. Association secretaries can arrange matches on any mutually agreed date. Ties may be played on any day of the week, including Saturday and must be played by the published play by date. Should for any reason an agreement is not reached the first match will be played on the 2nd Friday of the month and the second match on the 4th Friday of the month. Top name hosts the first match.
- The host Association will be responsible for selecting the venue and for providing umpires.
- Any meal or refreshment arrangements should be mutually agreed between competing Associations.
- The four (4) section winners will compete in the semi final stage with the two (2) winners competing in the final. The losing semi finalists will play for 3rd and 4th place on the same date.
- The time date and venue of the semi finals and final will be decided by Bowls Scotland.
- The semi final and final for 2013 will be played on Saturday 10th august 2013 at Blackhill Bowling Club.
10. Team Selection - Associations may select any player who is a member of a bowling club within their association. The member club must be a member of Bowls Scotland and the selected player must be covered by the capitation fee paid to Bowls Scotland.
i. Players may only represent one (1) association in each year.
ii. Between rounds Associations may change player selection and change player position and discipline.
iii. The rules regarding substitution during play are contained in the World Bowls Laws of the Sport of Bowls Crystal Mark Second Edition Section 50 and 51.
- The matches will consist of the following ties;
- Singles playing to 21 shots.
- Four (4) bowl Pairs playing 17 ends.
- Three (3) bowl Triples playing 15 ends.
- Rinks playing 17 ends.
- Two (2) points will be awarded for a win and one (1) for a draw. Should the points and shots be equal the winner of the singles tie will decide the match result.
- iii. No more than one (1) trial in each direction may be played.
12. Dress code - The dress code in all stages of this competition will be;
- All players in the same team must be dressed alike, any combination of skirt or trousers is permitted and there is no restriction on waterproofs or headgear.
- There is no requirement to register colours
- All players and Umpires must wear flat soled heel-less footwear.
- No restriction on size of Sponsors logo.
13. Stamping of Bowls - For this competition, composition bowls will only require to be re-tested and re-stamped if the date stamp is not clearly legible. Wooden bowls must bear a legible stamp of the current year or beyond. (IBB, WBB and WB stamps only – No BIBC stamp).